New York Fashion Week - Live Illustrations for The Style Line

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hello My Loves,

I hope you are all having a fantastic week so far!! Finally I found a quiet moment to myself to post my illustrations for The Style Line from this September's New York Fashion Week!! I could not have asked for a better way to kickstart my first month working independently as a full-time fashion illustrator. My last day of work was August 29th and by September 3rd I was cracking open my sketchbook to quickly live-render all the delicious looks at the WHIT SS15 presentation shown above and below this passage.

In the end, I illustrated from roughly 14 different runway shows and presentations, from backstage and beyond. I got to meet both Zanita and the Beckerman Sisters after Trina Turk and Jill Stuart. I illustrated Canadian supermodel Coco Rocha backstage at Noon by Noor. But most importantly I gained the confidence in myself to know that there was no turning back for me. I've found my place and I'm on this journey for the long haul. Catch all the NYFW action shots and final rendered pieces below:

WHIT SS15
Gigi Burris SS15
Gigi Burris SS15

Trina Turk SS15
Trina Turk SS15
SAUNDER SS15
SAUNDER SS15
Jill Stuart SS15
Jill Stuart SS15
Rebecca Taylor SS15
Rebecca Taylor SS15
Noon by Noor SS15
Noon by Noor SS15
Harare SS15
Harare SS15

13 comments:

  1. Love, love all of above! I can imagine how difficult it is to even draw a figure and get the look when models walk the runway! It is awesome when you can actually take time and have a model in front of you for a longer while ! :-) Fantastic job Megan!

    www.PurseFixation.com
    Toast your Purse with an Outfit!
    Fashion Advice, Events and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Purse Fixation yes it was definitely difficult to render from the runway but the rush is so thrilling! I loved illustrating from backstage and the presentations. It was all so much fun xx

      Delete
  2. Wow... it's fabulous Megan. you did a perfect job. I like you working style. that's cool my wifi is a big fan of yours. we had just plan a visit to buses to boston from dc and she crazily follows their fashions and did lots of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Amery Calven awe well say hello to your wife for me! Happy to have you here on Travel Write Draw! Hope you had a great time in Boston. I've never been before xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Drawings m they look better than anything (or the real thing)! :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @mon ika you are so sweet, thank you! There is something really special about live art created from a live runway show xx

      Delete
    2. I am only a Photographer but I already know how hard is a moving object so more kudos to you :}}

      Delete
    3. @mon ika haha yes it becomes a bit of a blur but that's what makes the finished drawing so exciting xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! You are so amazingly talented! Your drawings are so colorful and wonderful!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sara Strauss thank you, thank you sweets! It's so nice to finally share this work with my Travel Write Draw peeps xx

      Delete
  5. Your illustrations are so much fun :) I really enjoy them! How do you do it so fast? I take my time and enjoy the process of illustration so much, that I can;t work fast.

    PS: I took your advice and work with The Lovely It Girl :)
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @lorenabr great, so happy to hear! I hope it went well although I have no doubt that it did :)

      Delete
  6. The general topic must be remembered before picking the correct garments and extras. In particular, this must be finished maintaining the financial backing in center. Tanning

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground