C18's Labor Day Haute List
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Happy Labor Day Weekend My Lovelies!!
I hope you have some spectacular plans in the works for this holiday. I'm back in Toronto for one of my dearest friend's wedding tomorrow (love you Miss Jill Kennedy) and I'm beyond thrilled to share with you my first ever C18 Girl illustration for my company Collection 18. Check out C18's Labor Day Haute List for five fabulous spots to hit up this long weekend:
1. Check out MoMA P.S.1’s Party Wall this weekend before it closes – a temporary urban landscape on view throughout the Summer. The giant steel frame contains water which projects to a fountain below. No place could be chiller to end your Summer in NYC.
2. Visit James Turrell’s light spectacular at the Guggenheim for an experience of perception, light, color, and space. It’s Turrell’s first exhibition in a New York museum since 1980. After walking the dramatically transformed Guggenheim, pop over to Central Park for a late Summer stroll.
3. Head to 10 Over 10 Tribeca for a bit of manicure/pedicure indulgence. Nothing feels better than letting your fingers and toes shine during these last few days of saucy Summer heat. On your way home walk up West Broadway for some SOHO gallery hopping and Summer sale shopping!!
4. Road-trip it to Sturbridge, Massachusetts this weekend for the incredible Vintage Fashion and Textile Show. Scoop up tapestries, costumes, estate jewelry, hats, shoes, and old fashioned magazines for old makes new inspiration at the largest show of its kind.
5. Hop over to Brooklyn Bridge Park to ride the exquisite 1920’s Jane’s Carousel in Dumbo. Overlook the most spectacular view of the East River between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge and host your own version of a Harper’s Bazaar Mila Kunis photo shoot.