Blame It On Rio

Monday, April 4, 2011





Two years ago I purchased W Magazine's 'Madonna: Blame it on Rio' issue and immediately fell in love. What could be more desirable than a country that embraces vibrancy, passion, exoticism, and the arts? Coincidentally these past few months have brought me even closer to this magnificent place and it's traditions. For those of you who follow Travel Write Draw you will likely remember my interview with CANSON Brazil. Furthermore, I made a new friend in Brazil through my blog (you know who you are) who was gracious enough to assist me with research on this Carnival in Rio poster. You can imagine how thrilled I was to be gathering so much inspiration from Brazil with this major poster project looming overhead.

So my loves, here it is, finally finished!! That means I have only three more projects to go before April 15th lol. I actually had such a blast painting this 18 X 24 tribute to Carnival in Rio. Without a doubt, I have added this extraordinary celebration to my bucket list. Hope you're having a great start to your week. Almost time for my big reveal Wednesday, can't wait!!

Beijo darlings,
Meag xx

12 comments:

  1. Very sexy poster, Meagan! Love it!

    And looking forward to your big news :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I dont know what else to say. It is amazing!

    Looking forward to the news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That work has such a great freedom and positive emotions:) I like these vivid colours as well- it's colour jungle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great M. I can feel the energy, people and the music of it through your illustration.
    kisses

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rio is very high up on my places-to-go-pretty-soon-please list. I love your illustration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this, so full of life, bursting with colour, definite favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the movement and colours, it's just bursting with energy and excitement! All those lovely details on the accessories and headdress are astonishing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey honey ;)

    Check it out my blog ...i made a post also about you ;))

    http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/2011/04/inspiration-around-world-outfit-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lively and passionate, great representation of Rio! Beautiful job on the jewelry details! Good luck with the last few weeks, Meag. Can't wait to hear the big news :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great Meag! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hoping that I did Carnival in Rio justice!! At the very least I had so much fun painting this. Love you guys xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground