Cairo Time

Saturday, March 10, 2012


Hello My Loves!!

It feels so incredibly good to be back on my blog. The last few weeks have been absolutely crazy and perhaps the most insane thing of all is that I've booked a trip to Egypt for the end of the month yay!! I will be cruising down the Nile in what feels like no time. I've been so anxious to announce this on my blog because traveling has always been such a huge component of my life and one of the major reasons I started TWD. Furthermore, Egypt is probably one of the more controversial places to be traveling to right now in light of the recent (ongoing) Arab Spring.

From the moment I contemplated making this journey I received mixed reactions. In the end it was a personal choice and one I feel very much at peace with. Frankly, I think now more than ever, Egypt will be one of the most fascinating countries to visit. Furthermore, I have dreamed of making this trip ever since I was a little girl starring in mesmerization at the mummies in Toronto's Royal Ontario Museum. For this post I've painted the scarab associated with the major god Khepri. Known as being the embodiment of the sun, I can't help but be drawn to him.

I'm so excited to be able to share this journey with you all in the very near future but for now there is more work to be done. Stay tuned for some more exciting posts.

Much love,
Meag xx

9 comments:

  1. By God... you really will enjoy it sooo much... It's wonderfull a really really lovely and gorgeous place. And the persons are always smiling and very nice and kind .... I would love to do the same again... for me it was such a great experience to be there!!!
    Just enojoy it and take profit to buy some gorgeous silver work in the Hannan el Hallili if you have the posibility to go there !!!
    xxx
    stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com
    shbyhadrath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I can't wait to see your paintings and hear all about it!!! You're going to have the most wonderful, unique perspective.
    I think a little bit of every girl wants to see Egypt...
    :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what wonderful news! Have fun on the trip, and stay safe.

    Please blog about your trip!

    PS: Stunning details in this illustration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Can't wait to see what inspires you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and colorful illustration! i met an egyptian recently and he told me what a great place it is- you will enjoy traveling there for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting, Meag! I'm sure you'll find so many inspiring things to paint on your journey =) This painting would make a fabulous brooch in real life!

    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. In discussing these exceptions from the course of nature, the first question is, whether the fact be justly stated. That which is strange is delightful, and a pleasing error is not willingly detected. Cheap Flights to Cairo

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground